CenturyLink OPERATIONS TECHNICIAN III in Wake Forest, North Carolina
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink at http://www.centurylink.com/ for more information.
CenturyLink has an opening for an Operations Technician 3 in Wake Forest, NC. This position will be required to work the 3rd Shift, which is Tuesday - Saturday from 12:00AM to 8:00AM.
• Use of software and hardware tools to identify and diagnose network status and problems;
• Conducting complex network monitoring, equipment installation and maintenance activities;
• Troubleshooting and repair of complex IP (data) and telecom communications equipment hardware or configuration issues, within defined service level agreement periods;
• Direct customer interface on install and repair requests related to new equipment
• installs and overall functionality of IP (data/voice) and telecom communications equipment
• Documentation of all activities per defined procedures
• Mentoring/Training/Coaching of less experienced employees
• Follow CenturyLink Processes and procedures to support custom configuration windows and network augments of VLANS, Routes, MPLS, and Firewall configurations.
• CCNA certifications
• 4+ years experience in the operation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Cisco switches and routers
• Excellent customer service skills. This is a front line customer service position responsible for equipment or network functionality, customer satisfaction and the overall CenturyLink customer experience.
• Excellent administrative skills. Position is required to prepare daily documentation as required to status and close install and repair requests
• Experience in the use of personal computers, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
• The ability to work off hours, on call and during holidays
• Experience mentoring/training/coaching less experienced employees
• The ability to understand and communicate using technical concepts, practices and terminology
• The ability to self-manage responsibilities in order to achieve daily results
• The ability to navigate, understand, and implement actions within CISCO IOS
• Experience monitoring the status of system outages and keeping management informed of any changes.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Experience managing customer request via email / telephonically while keeping the queue at manageable levels.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Associates or Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Telecommunication, Networking Technology or related field.
• Advance knowledge of Remedy or Solarwinds
• Experience in data troubleshooting as a SME (Subject Matter Expert).
• Experience training employees in a classroom environment.
• ITIL 2011 Certification
Bachelors or Equivalent
Associates or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-North Carolina-Wake Forest
Requisition # : 209128
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.