CenturyLink Mgr Customer Repair I in St Paul, Minnesota
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink at http://www.centurylink.com/ for more information.
The Manager Customer Repair 1 position provides direct supervision of the Technicians who make up the Internet Protocol Network Operations Center (IP NOC). The IP NOC's primary responsibility is the ownership of Customer-Facing Repair experience of the Products and Services that use the CenturyLink IP Network.
Responsible for scheduling day-to-day activities. Assigns tasks, checks work, develops schedules and may perform individual tasks related to group.
• Provides supervision for our overnight teams in St. Paul MN and Wake Forest NC and support to work functions assigned within the positions area of responsibility.
• Ensures that adequate staffing is in place to handle the work function assigned to the positions area of responsibility.
• Monitors individual employee performance on an ongoing basis. Responsible for conducting formal reviews with employees under this positions supervision, as required in the Company's policy on performance evaluation.
• Acts as the primary point of contact on issues that require escalation. Manage escalations, provide updates to escalations, own and drive resolution within team our outside team. Monitors, evaluates, and takes corrective action necessary to meet or exceed objectives assigned to his or her area of responsibility.
• Assist in planning and implementing new procedures promptly, allowing employees the ability to carry out their responsibilities.
• Assists in the selection and training of employees within the IP NOC.
• Promotes good employee relations through effective communication and support of Company, Network and department policies.
• Review daily reports relating to area of responsibility, taking corrective action required to obtain objectives. Reports issues that can affect the overall performance of the IP NOC.
• Review and/or provide weekly and monthly reports to management on team metrics and performance.
• Administers company policies and monitors the daily results, costs, and methods of IP NOC work group. Ensures that all functions are performed in a timely fashion and meet corporate and departmental specifications.
• Be available for after hour's escalations/engagement by employees, customers or management (On Call rotation duties).
Experience in a supervisory role with demonstrated success in managing a team of 10 or more employees. Coaching and leading the teams to meet/exceed set objectives and the needs of the business.
• Stationed in St. Paul MN and the ability to supervise our technical overnight team located in St. Paul MN and Wake Forest NC
• Basic or better understanding of Internetworking technology.
• Exemplary verbal and written communication skills. Must have the ability to engage in written and verbal communications with all levels of CenturyLink employees, customers and partners.
• Self-development orientation, initiative, delegation, development of subordinates and setting of work standard.
• Knowledge of PC applications.
• Utilize Microsoft Excel to create spreadsheets, generate department performance reports, and analyze report data.
• Must possess strong planning, organizing, and implementing skills, along with conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
• Possess high integrity and ethical behavior and hold others to same standards.
• Experienced supervision in an Operations environment.
• 5 plus years of supervisory experience in network operations or customer contact environment
• Proven ability to work in a dynamic team environment with ever changing requirements and ability to adapt quickly to those changes.
• Associate degree in a related field or equivalent work experience.
• Knowledge of various network applications including NTM-Remedy, CenturyLink Control Center and ACD call tracking systems such as Avaya.
Alternate Location: US-Minnesota-St Paul
Requisition # : 186239
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.