CenturyLink Account Director II UC Specialized Sales - West in SANTA CLARA, California
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
We’re looking for the best of the best sales professionals who will go to amazing lengths to solve the business problems of their clients by leveraging the Unified Communication tools that we support within our cloud UC portfolio.
CenturyLink’s Unified Communications and Collaboration services arm is changing the way that large enterprises assess and procure the tools that keep them productive. We combine a significant local presence with an expansive global network to keep our clients connected, wherever business happens. Sound interesting?
In this role, you will demonstrate your unique value by supporting our direct CenturyLink sales team with product and process expertise in our UC offerings of cloud collaboration (audio, web, video conferencing) UCaaS (hosted telephony), CCaaS (cloud contact center), IM/P (instant message), and managed enterprise voice and network services.
The Main Responsibilities
• Support and partner with our Direct CenturyLink sales team with product and process expertise in our UC offerings of cloud collaboration (audio, web, video conferencing), UCaaS (hosted telephony), CCaaS (cloud contact center), IM/P (instant message), and managed enterprise voice and network services
What We Look For in a Candidate
• Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of related experience; or 6+ years of related experience
• Experience selling in the Unified Communications industry; within the Fortune 1,000 is a plus
• Knowledge of the Cisco and Microsoft collaboration portfolio
• Cloud hosting or hybrid cloud experience preferred and will greatly help with cross selling efforts and broaden the value of CenturyLink to our clients
• Strong communication skills and proficiency in selling to customer impacts
• Self-motivated, pro-active, results-oriented professional with an ability to work with minimum direction.
• Proficient in MS office products: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Requires at least 50% or more of time conducting sales activities outside of the office
• Verifiable history of exceeding sales goals personally and as part of a team
• Demonstrable success toward making a difference in fast paced, goal-oriented team
• Aptitude of selling cloud based “as a service” offerings
Alternate Location: US-California-San Francisco; US-California-San Jose; US-California-Santa Clara; US-California-Sunnyvale; US-California-Walnut Creek
Requisition #: 225793
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
NOTE: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position and your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.