CenturyLink Lead Program Manager- Federal in HERNDON, Virginia
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com/ is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
The Lead Project Manager – Federal is a key position in the Strategic Government Program Management Organization and will be responsible to lead cross-functional teams in the planning and execution of all Government telecom projects. The position requires broad subject matter expertise of all functional activities required to successfully implement and support those projects to include: Proposal Support, project scheduling (MS Project), operational support systems, ordering, inventory, transition/implementation performance reporting, budgeting/forecasting, training, customer care, operations, program management plans, change management plans, resource plans, quality assurance plans and risk management plans, etc. The position is also responsible for reviewing, developing requirements, and working with appropriate teams to answer proposal requirements resulting from Government SOWs, Task Orders, and Modifications.
The Main Responsibilities
• 3-5 years of Federal Telecommunications Program Management and customer liaison experience a must
• Solid understanding of complex Data Services installation activities
• Knowledge in OSP installation activities
• Knowledge in site survey activities
• 3-5 years of Federal Data Services Transition and Implementation Program Management
• Strong working knowledge of CenturyLink Ordering and Provisioning processes desirable
• Experience in the transition, implementation, management, and execution of large-scale Federal Government Contracts
• Possesses and has demonstrated strong, effective leadership skills
• Successful experience in the development of proposals for Federal programs
• Builds and maintains excellent customer relationships, especially with the contracting officer’s technical representative (COTR) and senior management
• Knowledge of Federal Government contract vehicles is desirable
• Working knowledge of MS Project and associated MS Office suites
What We Look For in a Candidate
• Requires strong knowledge of complex Data Services
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated conflict resolution skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-task, stressful environment
• Ability to manage process/procedural changes - thorough understanding of Federal Government contracts
• Ability to create and matrix-manage various functional teams
• Must be a US Citizen able to be processed for a TS SCI clearance
• BA/BS in related field or equivalent experience:
• At least 3 to 5 years of experience.
• PMP/PMI certification is highly desirable
Alternate Location: US-Virginia-Herndon
Requisition # : 226031
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.