CenturyLink Lead VoIP System Engineer in Broomfield, Colorado
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink at http://www.centurylink.com/ for more information.
Applies advanced system administration, engineering and network principles, theories, concepts, and technologies to create new solutions and solve complex problems and issues with Unix/Linux based network server infrastructure, peripherals, and hosted applications supporting VoIP products and services. Provides subject matter and hands-on expertise working with various internal teams and projects on server hardware and compute resources, virtualization layers, Operating System and application software installation, upgrades, configuration, integration, automation, and support.
Leads the development, evaluation and implementation of new and innovative principles, processes and applications.
Designs, configures, integrates, and supports complex multi-vendor Unix/Linux based server and application environments in large global carrier network through lab testing, field deployments, and technology operational acceptance.
Responsible for defining and maintaining software virtualization layer and OS image and configuration standards, installation automation, server and application load & capacity modeling, maintenance & recovery strategy and procedures, and technology documentation and support.
Resolves difficult interoperability problems to obtain efficient operations across all platforms and applications.
Supports acquisition and implementation of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services. Regarded as subject matter expert in applied research, development, and design of new products.
Acts as primary consultant to leadership detailing the technical requirements and specifications necessary to obtain solutions.
Exercises considerable latitude in decision-making under limited consultative direction toward predetermined long-range targets.
Requires limited direction and guidance with most tasks.
5+ years experience with system engineering, administration and management of high-availability server platforms hosting advanced telecommunication services. This should include experience with 24x7 operations for a telecom service provider/carrier or large enterprise environment
Experience with VoIP networks, application requirements, and protocols such as SIP, RTP, and TLS/SRTP.
Applicant must be proficient and able to work independently supporting voice application architectures, and proven to be able to perform hands-on work including but not limited to:
• Cloud Computing environments
• Server architectures and subsystems including computing power and storage solutions, server clustering, authentication & security, networking and communication interfaces.
• Familiarity with IP routing and Ethernet switching protocols and concepts including Class of Service standards.
• Installation, configuration & administration of IBM, HP, Dell, or SuperMicro servers, including bare-metal and blade server architectures.
• System administrator level knowledge of Windows, KVM, OpenStack or VMWare, and RedHat or CentOS Linux OS system capable of installation, configuration & administration.
• Support common UNIX applications such as SSL certificates, DNS, MailRelay, NTP, NFS, Web Server, SQL or other databases, , etc.
• Prior experience with management/troubleshooting of servers supporting Broadsoft (Cisco), Metaswitch, Ribbon (fka. Sonus or GenBand), and supporting technologies, appliances and applications such as F5 Big-IP, SD-WAN, Enterprise SBCs, Adtran IAD/Routers, and/or Cisco VoIP applications and platforms.
• Multi-vendor VoIP system integration and implementation. Familiarity with server-side networking configuration to enable switching & routing for these devices and to work with the network engineering organization.
• Script and/or light programing development to support automation tasks as necessary, including shell scripts & utilities, perl, php, python
• Ability to work directly with vendors’ engineering staff and their support TACS.
• Experience with application API integration using SOAP, XML, or Web services for flow-through provisioning, and OSS/NMS element management systems.
• Familiarity with system monitoring and applications such as SolarWinds, ZenOSS and/or NAGIOS.
- Critical Skills:
• Building, testing and troubleshooting server/network platforms supporting VoIP and application server communications
• Self-motivated, able to quickly learn new technologies, decipher and work through complex vendor procedures and become a subject matter expert.
• Analytical thought needed to resolve issues and develop innovate solutions in a variety of complex situations.
• Work cooperatively with internal and external partners to expeditiously drive project initiatives, and remove barriers that may impact company operations
• Able to maintain current knowledge of technologies
• Excellent oral and written communication and organizational skills necessary to write official procedures, support maintenance activities and communicate with other organizations.
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield; US-Colorado-Littleton
Requisition # : 205517
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.