CenturyLink CDN Technical Services Engineer in BROOMFIELD, Colorado
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com/ is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Provide primary CDN network engineering and Tier III troubleshooting and problem isolation.
Provide high-level technical & engineering support for network performance management configurations, troubleshooting, and service restoration along with an understanding of switching, routing as it would affect performance management.
Provide high-level off-hours support on a rotating basis with other engineers
Develop and oversee subordinate level technical methods, procedures, and assist with complex technical solution designs. Develop & document process flows.
Identify capacity and performance issues for network traffic to ensure continued, uninterrupted operation of systems.
Maintain network monitoring applications, equipment and utilities as needed.
Monitor and analyze performance across customer networks and underlying MS Tools deployments as required for CDN.
Conduct testing of disaster recovery plans as it pertains to network performance management equipment to detect faults,and minimize malfunctions.
Create and maintain network documentation and reports as required
Triage of customer service impacts, outline and execution of mitigation actions
Provide data support for the CenturyLink CDN contracts. Includes data design, installation and maintenance for new and current installations.
Provides post-sales technical support to assigned customers utilizing available quality of service tools. Demonstrates full technical knowledge of customer’s business and related communication needs by advising the internal company team and customer technical staff as appropriate on enhancements, modifications and/or options in CDN.
Creates, produces, and distributes performance management reports as appropriate. Creates and drives service improvement plans. Provides technical guidance regarding preparation of, review, and presentation of service metrics and service improvement reports.
Provides ongoing post-implementation technical support across service delivery, service management and billing operations. Identifies and drives process improvements where necessary.
Reviews global change requests (Change Management) for customer impact and communicates change activities to key customers.
Reviews and prepares reason for outage (RFO) documentation, tracks action items, and ensures continuous service improvement for client services. Analyzes customer’s trouble ticket history, identifies trends, implements service improvement plans to drive down mean time to restore (MTTR) and chronic or repeat troubles. Develops long-term strategy, based on knowledge of customer’s current network, equipment and business, of how the company's services can competitively meet customer’s needs.
Provides an enhanced escalation point into the appropriate management functional areas to ensure timely resolution and proactive communication of service issues. Detailed knowledge of the company's network. Recommends and handles network optimization for existing customer services. Tracks network change management events to understand impact to customer's existing services.
Support network ready testing activities and migrating customers to new technologies.
Provides request for proposal (RFP) technical support where necessary.
Evaluate new technical requirements for compatibility with deployed system design
Maintain current knowledge base regarding complex routing, switching via the IP Network.
Provide direct interface with other CenturyLink departments in support of the CDN Services.
• 3 years current hands on experience with the following:
• Windows Server management and configuration.
• Isolation of telecom and/or network outage causes and service restorations including understanding Cisco characteristics
• CDN Systems Operation.
• Direct customer interaction communication skills
• Proficient PC skills in office applications and network connectivity configuration
• Proficient presentation skills for presentations to technical and non-technical audiences; must be able to translate technical terms and concepts to non-technical entities.
• Must be available 24/7 for outages and maintenance window work.
• Strong communication (oral and written), customer service, organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Cisco Layer 2 & 3 switch and router configuration and management
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Highly self motivated and directed.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Bachelor’s degree plus minimum 5 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Microsoft Windows Server SME
• 5 years experience in telecommunications support, maintenance and accountability.
• Proficient level of understanding of the content distribution capabilities from end to end
• Knowledge of Caching, Streaming, Storage, DNS and Security
• Proficient understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, Linux Command Line and Web Delivery
• Proficient Linux skills
• Good analytical and problem solving skills
• Basic knowledge of lower layer technologies including; IP, Ethernet, SONET/SDH
• Must be willing to work on call via pager and/or cell phone, including weekends and holidays
Alternate Location: US-California-Santa Clara; US-Colorado-Broomfield; US-Oklahoma-Tulsa; US-Washington-Seattle
Requisition # : 217912
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.