CenturyLink OPERATIONS TECHNICIAN 3 in Arlington, Virginia
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink at http://www.centurylink.com/ for more information.
There is an opening for Operations Technician 3 in the Federal Network Operations Center (FEDNOC). The Operations Technician 3 position is responsible for providing expertise and advanced technical support to CenturyLink customers and mentor less experienced team members. This position interfaces with internal CenturyLink departments, outside vendors, carriers and end user customers. This position has direct impact on the resolution of complex trouble situations. This customer facing position is responsible for providing "Superior Service" to customer MTIPS, MNS, IP, ATM/Frame, VoIP, and related 8xx, 1+ long distance reported troubles. The incumbent works with customers, vendors, LECs, Voice & Data repair organizations, as well as other internal CenturyLink workgroups.
• Responsible for identifying and resolving customer reported trouble
• Provide advance technical support to include remote trouble diagnostics and correction
• Assist with answering customer calls during overflow/outage situations
• Updates status to customers on an as required basis
• Escalation of customer and network trouble to ensure timely resolution
• Actively work with local exchange carriers and CenturyLink internal Operations Centers to ensure current services are active and restored within the Service Level Agreements
• Keep the project team updated with daily progress reports on any assigned actions.
• Using INTAS, and CLI access this position will isolate layer 1 problems on DS0, DS1 and DS3 circuits on the IP platform, VPN and MPLS Network.
• Detailed understanding of DS0/1 and DS3 circuits: point to point, private line, and Ethernet
• Previous experience troubleshooting complex network problems involving power, network hardware, routers, CSU, or carrier services.
• Experience working on complex translations troubles and/or maintenance assignments related to network switching equipment to resolve trouble tickets.
• Advanced expertise with IP routing on multiple router platforms
• Knowledge of TCP/IP, routing protocols, and IP addressing.
• Experience with advance commands in Cisco, Juniper, and or UNIX commands.
• Excel at working on complex MPLS issues.
• DNS & e-mail problem expertise
• Advanced layer 1 troubleshooting for DS0, DS1, point to point, private line, and Ethernet circuits
• Has ability to understand and isolate physical layer problems
• Experience working with software and hardware tools to remotely identify and diagnose WAN problems.
• Ability to understand and isolate physical layer problems.
• Familiarity with long distance and international dialing and routing.
• Ability to identify and resolve customer reported trouble.
• Experience managing customer incoming calls in a call center environment
• Experience working with local and international exchange carriers to resolve trouble.
• Takes full ownership and accountability in areas assigned. Takes independent action and rarely requires guidance, often proactively take the lead on technical issues/concerns.
· 5 + year of technical customer call center experience.
· Associate degree in Engineering, Electronics, Networks or related technical or vocational education or equivalent experience or 7+ years of related work experience.
· Test knowledge/experience of DS0/DS1 circuits.
· Knowledge of TCP/IP, routing protocols, and IP addressing.
· Experience with basic commands in Cisco, Juniper, Shasta routers and or UNIX commands.
· Cisco and Juniper certifications are a plus.
Associates or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-Minnesota-St Paul; US-Virginia-Arlington
Requisition # : 205872
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.